Monday, September 13, 2010

Pecan Pie

100_1398 

PECAN PIE

1/3 cup butter, melted
1 cup dark brown sugar
1 cup light corn syrup
3 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
dash salt
1 heaping cup of chopped pecans
pecan halves for top decoration (optional)

Combine all ingredients and pour into unbaked pie shell.  Decorate with pecans, if desired.   Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes.  

(I have recently learned a little tip.  If you have an instant read thermometer, check the center of the pie after baking the suggested time.  The pie is done when the center reads 200 degrees.)

100_1400

Come on down and we’ll save you a piece – but you better hurry!

2 comments:

Paula ~ castleandcottagesigns said...

Hi Teresa! very yummy! We have a huge pecan tree in our backyard and I've never made my own pecan pie! maybe this year:)

Shanna said...

I DO love pecan pie! Guess I'll miss out on yours, though...it certainly is pretty with all those extra pecans ringing the top of the crust!