Monday, September 14, 2009

Silhouette Collection



I just love silhouettes. I couldn't decide where to put them when I started collecting and made an arrangement going upstairs. As I have added to it, the look is too random. I have an idea to group them within large frames, so now that's what I'm looking for. I already have one and will be looking in Round Top and surrounding areas when I go in a few weeks. It's always nice to have something to be on the lookout for -- but even nicer to run into something you didn't even know you wanted!


Some of the silhouettes are of me and members of my family and others are just relatives I "adopted". The large one in the center is me in the second grade. My teacher did these for the whole class. The one on my immediate left is of my husband and me. We had it done for Valentine's Day a year ago. It has been a fun thing to collect.

1 comment:

The Library Lady said...

What precious memories for you. I especially like that you have adopted relatives as well. I think that adds something a little something intimate to the country and cottage styles. I teared up when I saw them and the memories just flooded. When I was in elementary school I went to the State Fair in Columbia, SC with my family; I think I was probably in 4th or 5th grade since my Mother was working then and there was no way we could have afforded to have our silhouette done without her working for the extra money. Any hoo..My mom had our (4 of us kids)silhouette done (individually) except they were done on copper colored foil, kinda like etching into the foil. A newspaper reporter from The State Newspaper came around and did an article with picture of me having mine done and it was featured in the paper. I was thrilled to death. I still have my silhouette and the article from the newspaper. I think my sister has the rest of them since both my parents have passed on. My sister just passed away on Saturday 9/5 and my heart is just breaking. I live in Florida and she was in SC. I must remember to look for those when we go through her things..just too painful right now. Anyway, I love your display.

Diane
The Library Lady
"Take surprise and delight in the little things"