Sunday, October 18, 2009

A Recent Purchase . . .

100_0746

Little by little I am showing you some of my “treasures” from my trip to Round Top – actually I think I bought this in Carmine.  Anyway, I walked past this picture, glanced at it, backed up, walked a little further, went back, looked at it again  . . . has this ever happened to you?  I just don’t know why, but I was drawn to it – just couldn’t take my eyes off.  Well, it’s one of those things that I knew that if I didn’t buy it, I’d think about it forever wondering why not!  It has a copyright date of 1907 and I tried to find out a little bit more about it, but was unable.  At first I wasn’t quite sure what was taking place here, but now I think that this lady just stopped in to have her palm read.  (Sorry about that little glare spot in the middle.)   If you have any other interpretation, I’d love to hear it!

2 comments:

The Library Lady said...

Beautiful painting. I would have been drawn to it also.

Vicki/Jake said...

Awesome find and I agree, you would have kicked yourself....
Let us know what else you find out about it. I like your idea though..