Saturday, September 10, 2011

I made yet another bag . . .

Okay, I like to sew and I have a thing about the “specifications” of my purse. 
It can only have one handle, must have several inside and at least one outside pocket, can’t be too big – you get the picture.  So I am always on the hunt for a new purse pattern.

I came across one and thought it looked interesting.  I made one out of some (boring) fabric I had just to see what modifications I should make.  I added some inches to the bag and the handle and I liked it.

I found some fabric that I knew would make it a lot cuter and here it is.  First of all I’ll show you how simple the pattern is.   This is the whole bag (well, at least one side).

100_1796

Here it is with an outside pocket that I added (pattern didn’t call for one).  I really wanted to match the design on this side, but didn’t have enough fabric.  I figured it is so busy anyway, who would notice.  ;=)

It has inside pockets that go all the way around.

100_1797

So, to close the bag, you slip the long handle through the short side.  I added about 6” to the pattern so I could carry it on my shoulder.

100_1799

Here is a link to the pattern:

http://www.allpeoplequilt.com/quarterlychallenge/APQ_QtrlyChal3.pdf

No comments: